Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday is Trash Collection Day!

I don't know about any of you, but my trash can smells so horrid that we have been praying for Thursday to come early this week. I cleaned out my refrigerator because we had a visitor coming and all of the nasty leftovers that went in the trash brought a fly metropolis to the can. Just nasty. I have even more respect for those who work in the sanitation department of my community, they are heroes in my book! I waved at them and was even going to bring them coffee and a danish, I was so happy to see them!

So, it is time to throw out the trash. Get rid of stuff that has been weighing you down, causing you unwarranted drama, and clean the slate. Get rid of the nasty. Keeping smelly nasty trash close by makes you smelly and nasty by association. You may have long gotten used to the smell, but others walking by will pass you by faster to avoid the odor. Showing people your nasty smelly trash is even worse. If I was to show you a picture of the inside of my garbage can, you would hurl...trust me. I am doing you a favor by letting the sanitation department handle it.

So, on that note, here are some places I visited this morning:

Video Game Study - yes, video games have a propensity to be sexist and racist, which this study is alluding to.

Uppity Woman has some interesting data from Rasmussen on her site, and I love her kitty pics.

Inside Higher Ed - reviews activity in the House Committee on Science and Technology's Subcommittee on Research and Science Education Tuesday. They discussed the issue of the lack of women going on to college and majoring in non-biological sciences.

That is it for today! I have to go and rinse out my trash can because my heroes just left!

Peace!

.

2 comments:

Hillarysmygirl16 said...

Tell your heros to stop driving over my lids that they knock off the cans in the first place. Also tell them to stop throwing my cans around.
LOL nice post.
I am really starting to wear off on ya ain't I?

Optixmom said...

LOL! When I do it I will still bring them a coffee and a danish (or maybe even a slice of pie). Complaints tend to be taken in a more constructive manner if you sandwich them with praise. At least that is my experience. (And my trash can is owned by the collection company. They treat their own cans nicer.)