Sunday, August 2, 2009

Girl Power Sunday

I just went to three different locations to get a little info on female mojo in science, business, and politics. Here is what I found:

Women in Science
- a marine program in Monterey helps teen girls learn a positive message.

Women in Business
- in Oscala, FL, 10 business women were asked multiple questions about success in their areas of business.

Women in Politics - A female Chicago politician doesn't reach for higher office due to concerns regarding her young family. The issues of women and family regarding political office are discussed.

If you don't know who that character is above in the pic, her name is Katara and she is a water bender from the cartoon show Avatar, The Last Air Bender. My son got me completely addicted to this show. It has many strong female characters; both heroines and villains. I enjoyed watching it with my children. Very well written for many audiences.

Have a glorious Sunday!

.

1 comment:

Hillarysmygirl16 said...

I saw Kataria on the screen and laughed of course I know who she is. Shawntaya loves that show and we watch it together.