Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thesaurus Tuesday

So I am studying to take me GRE's in October. I am applying to go back to school to earn my PhD in optics. I am actually excited to take the test because I have been studying vocabulary words for a while now and reviewing my basic math. It is all about learning how to take the test, and not so much about what you know. Kind of reminds me of running for public office...but I digress.

Here is where I visited this morning:

The New Agenda
- this great group are looking for a word to replace "Feminist" because studies have shown that the word carries some negative baggage with it for young women. I gave them the idea of using the word "Herculean" with the emphasis on her. We shall see what they decide.

The Guardian
- Harriet Harman, leader of the House of Commons, talks about how it is time that women are represented more in leadership positions in the business sector.

Get out those thesauruses (thesauri?) and get to work on a new word to describe equal rights for women and girls.

Later Gators!

.

No comments: